Monday, August 4, 2014

Weekend project

So this weekend I had a project I needed to get done.  My mom bought a wooden shelving unit that we are going to put baskets in for my oldest sons toys.  It is handmade and solid wood.  We needed something that was solid wood and not particle board because our boys are a little rough on things.  My son finally got to pick out his paint color, which is red, but luckily it's not like a blood red.  So here is a before and after shot.  I'm not the best painter, but I think it still turned out pretty nice, and it's not like my son is going to complain about the paint job.  Don't mind all the junk in my garage.




  While I was in garage I hear my dog start barking.  I look up and see...



   A family of turkeys!  Two adults and a bunch of little ones.  They got a little spooked when Murphy started barking so they moved quickly to the side of the yard and then into the woods.  I've never seen any turkeys in our yard before so it was pretty cool to look up and see them there.  Also, I'd rather have turkeys in my yard than bears.

No comments:

Post a Comment