Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Garden Update

   So, it's August now and I thought I would do a garden update since I havn't posted any pictures since my garden tour.  There is a lot of green down in my garden, and a few bursts of color.

   Corn on the right, pole beans on the left.  I planted two batches of corn, hence the difference in size.



   My beans are finally starting to grow.  They are Kentucky Wonders and will be 8 or 9 inches long when ripe.


   My broccoli is done.  If you remember I had an issue with something eating them, tried to put up a fence, which didn't help.  They started to grow back, but got eaten again.


   Watermelons!  Medium, small, and large.  Can't wait till they get ripe and we can eat them.  My kids love watermelon, and for the leftover I can dehydrate it! Woohoo!



   My Roma tomatoes are coming along nice, but none are ripe yet.  I hope I can figure out what to do with them before they get ripe.


   My pops of color, the blossoms from my pumpkin plant.


   Pumpkins!  I only have about three of these that I've found.  I am hopeful that there will be more because I have a lot of growth and blossoms on my plants.



   This looks like some kind of mold or something on my pumpkin leaves.  I just noticed it when I went to the garden to take these pictures so I will look up what is going on when I'm done here.

   My apple tree, one of two that we have.  They have long been neglected and last year there was only maybe a dozen apples on this tree and they all rotted before they were ripe.  This past spring I did a major trimming on the trees and now I have dozens upon dozens of apples and am very proud of my trees!  I know that is weird, being proud of trees lol.


   Now on to the cucumbers, which are coming out of my ears!  I have made three batches of refrigerator pickles and canned 7 jars this past weekend.  Today I am getting ready to make another batch of canned pickles.  Some of the cucumbers have gotten a bit big so I don't know what to do with them.  Note for next year, not so many cucumbers, and pick them sooner.


   And now some cuteness :)



Shared on The Prairie Homestead Barn Hop.

No comments:

Post a Comment