Thursday, August 7, 2014

Oh Murphy

   So on Tuesday my dog got himself into some trouble.  He got out and went under some stuff to get at a groundhog.  Yes the same place where I got all the poison.  Again he would come out when I wasn't around, so I just left him down there for awhile to see if he would come out on his own and come home.  Well then we were going out for the evening and I didn't want him to still be down there so I got jeans and a long sleeve shirt on and went after him.  Got him out and there was blood on a rock after I pulled him out, he got scratched or bit by the groundhog.  Looked under the rocks and I could see the groundhog this time.  So I took Murphy up to the house and gave him a bath, then bathed myself, to make sure I didn't get any poison again.  So I've been watching him closely.  I'm a little worried about rabies but my husband is not.  Clearly the groundhog acted out of self defence, and groundhogs are not known for being rabies carriers, but I'm a momma and I worry about stuff like that.  Today, two days later, he looks fine and is acting normal except he is a little hoarse, but not as much as yesterday.  He was barking for a looonnggg time at that groundhog so I can't say I'm surprised that he's hoarse.

   Then yesterday I put Murphy outside and gave him a piece of ham bone from a roast that I cut the meat off for dinner last night.  A little while later I hear Murphy barking oddly.  I look out the window and there is a small skunk going after his bone!  So I yell for my husband and he goes outside, but luckily the skunk was gone and didn't spray Murphy, phew.

   And it appears I was wrong when I said that there were no green beans in the garden the other day.  I went down to the garden later that day and found  enough green beans to use with dinner last night.  Since they are a Kentucky Wonder variety they are supposed to be 8-9 inches long, but I have found that they taste better when they are only 5-6 inches long, so I need to make sure and be proactive with my picking and make sure I get them before they get too big.

  

   The other day I was outside with the kids and caught this picture of two of the frogs that are part of the frog family that lives in our pond.  The second frog is in the back of the picture, he's just a little blurry because my camera focused on the other one.



   Last  night I noticed that the bananas that I had bought where getting brown spots on them, so what do I do?  Cut them up and put them in my dehydrator! Yay for yummy banana chips.



   Last night I had an idea pop in my head, I think the bananas had something to do with my train of thought.  So I searched online to see if you could dehydrate cucumbers, and guess what, you can!  So guess what I'm doing today, dehydrating cucumbers! If they turn out ok my dehydrator may be working a lot in the near future.  I have a good bit of cucumbers that are a little too over ripe for pickles.



   Here is a little dose of cuteness to get you through the rest of your day.



No comments:

Post a Comment