Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Life always seem so busy.

   So what has been happening around here.  Last week I made these brownies.  My husband is diabetic (and he uses cinnamon to control his sugar levels.)  They turned out great and didn't even taste like they were sugar free.  I didn't look close enough to the box though when it said that it should be baked in an 8X8 or 9X9 pan and I used a regular 9X11 cake pan.  So i just cooked it less than it recommended and checked it frequently.  But they were a lot better than I expected.  The last few times I made brownies they have all been flops, from scratch recipes and box recipes alike. So I am very glad that I found these and will more than likely make them again.



   Young and old sitting together.  They have been playing together a lot recently and its so cute to see them run around together.



   On Saturday I took my first trip to Sam's Club.  It was supposed to be a family trip with all of us going but my oldest woke up with a cold on Friday and had a fever (he has an autoimmune deficiency disorder so I may post about that and the past few days for him tomorrow,) so plans changed and it was just me and the middle man who went.  I felt like a little kid in a candy store walking around through the store.  All the deals and excellent prices! I spent more than I had been planning but as my husband pointed out I wont have to worry about purchasing the things I did for at least a month.  So I just need to budget better so that when I do go I can get everything I need.  But it may take a few months to get my pantry stocked to where I want it.

   On Sunday we went to an 80th birthday party for my husbands pap.  It was at a local state park and there was a little stream next to where the pavilion was.  So I'm guessing you know what that means.  Little boys playing in the water.  Lots of water and lots of mess, but I came prepared with an extra set of clothes for everyone. 


   Nine times out of ten if I can't find this little guy he is probably in his brothers room.  He likes to go in and steal blankets out of his brothers room or just likes to hang out on his bed and play.



No comments:

Post a Comment