Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Momma, there's a honey badger outside!

So it appears that there is a new little furry guy (or girl) that has been hanging out on our front porch steps.  It seems he may be living under the porch.  My 4 1/2 yr old (Dino Boy,) looked out the window in our living room and yelled, "Momma, there's a honey badger out there!"  My kids watch the PBS show Wild Kratts a lot, Dino Boy especially loves the show and I even like it, it's very informative while still holding their attention.  But anyway, So being curious, I look out the window (the last time I didn't look when he said something was outside I missed a bear walking through our front yard, but that's a story for another time,) and what do I see but a little groundhog, lol.  It was a cute little guy and the kids loved watching it hang out on the steps and nibble on the weeds around the driveway.  He's been back a few times, that we have noticed.  The only bad part is that once my dog, Murphy, saw him he sat in the window and barked, for like ten minutes.  When i couldn't stand it any longer I had to put him outside so he would stop barking.  All the while, through all the barking, the groundhog just sat there, lounging on the steps.  Silly groundhog.


No comments:

Post a Comment