Thursday, July 24, 2014

Things are starting to calm down

   Today is a little bit of a normal day.  Nothing out of the ordinary happened with the kids, just more poison spots popping up.  I am itchy on my arms and legs, what fun.  I feel really bad when I have to tell Dino Boy, my cuddle bug, that I can't snuggle with him because he makes me itchy and I don't want to give him my poison.  He has very sensitive skin and he catches it quick and it spreads pretty fast since he doesn't quite understand what is going on.

   In other news I have made a few more batches of pickles.  They all seem to be a little different.  I don't know if it's the amount of brine as compared to how much seasonings there are in it or what.  Oh well, now I'm looking for a recipe for canned dill pickles because I'm overwhelmed with pickling cucumbers.  Also I would like to have enough canned that I don't have to buy any till next summer.  Isn't it great to be able to have enough of something, that you grew yourself, that barely cost you anything to make, to be able to last you a whole year.  I hope that makes sense, it's hard to get the words right when you know what you want to say in your brain but won't come out of your mouth right. 

   Throw back Thursday, my two oldest sitting with daddy at the computer before bed.  Probably watching him play some kind of game.


   And next time on Organized Chaos, the county fair!

No comments:

Post a Comment