Friday, July 11, 2014

Huston, we have a problem.

Ah, Huston, we have a problem.  Something is eating my broccoli plants.  I went out and checked on them yesterday and there were a few plants with some missing leaves.  I told my husband about it and he said it is probably a rabbit.  I'm hoping it's not a deer.  So today I went out to look how they were doing, ( I've had issues with cabbage worms,) and THIS is what I found.


So I tried to put up a makeshift fence with what I had laying around the house.  I had three pieces of lattice that I actually used last year as a trellis for my cucumbers in the container. Since I only had three pieces of lattice I had to use something else for the other side.  Which turned out to be something else I had laying around the house, which I had used as a trellis for my pole beans in the container last year.   I think it was some kinda bird netting, but I found it in the garage last year when I needed it.  So I used it and it worked rather well.


Yes, so country.  I used sticks to put the leftover trellis in the ground and hopefully keep the broccoli from getting all eaten again.

Oh, and I tasted some of the pickles that I made yesterday.  They are very different from store bought pickles, but I like them!  I guess it's a good thing that I have so many canning cucumbers.  They are way more crunchier than store bought pickles and have more of a cucumber taste to them.  But like I said, I like 'em.

Oh, and this is what happens when you wash your little guys blankets and put them on the clothesline to dry :).


Mommy! I can't quite reach it!  Cutie, Patootie.



Shared on http://www.theprairiehomestead.com/2014/07/homestead-barn-hop-169.html

No comments:

Post a Comment