Monday, December 8, 2014

Holiday break.

  I know, long time no post, but my computer is still being wonky a little bit, and it's just been busy around here the last few weeks.  So let's see what I've been up to recently.

  The week before Thanksgiving I had family in from out of state, two of my brothers to be exact, and my mom came over too, lol.  But this also meant two additional dogs in the house as well.  Little Murphy loved it.  And Sebastian did too, as you can see, lol.


  This is what happens when uncle come to play, but luckily nothing got broken.



   The Saturday before Thanksgiving it was beautiful here and we enjoyed some much needed outside time to burn off all that energy from having guests.


    This was taken a few nights ago.  My two oldest enjoy having sleepovers when they don't have school the next day.  Notice the Santa hat on Gabe.  They call it the Christmas spirit hat and really enjoy wearing the Santa hats. Gabe even wore it to school one day.  Also notice all the soft toys on the bed, apparently they cannot sleep without all that stuff, lol.


   I am very thankful for this item in our basement.  We can get wood for free from where Josh works so heating out house has been a lot cheaper this year than in years past.  We put in a heat pump when we moved into this house, which is hooked up to our fuel tank and that kicks on when it reaches a certain temperature outside, (we have not had to get oil since we moved in almost 3 years ago.)  But the only problem with the heat is that it increases our electric bill over the winter to around $250-$300 a month.  Well last month out electric bill was only $135, which I am very thankful for.  This little guy is thankfully in our basement but still heats our whole house very well.  The only problem with wood burners is not being able to regulate the heat well and our house is usually 75 to 80 degrees depending on where you are in the house.  So it may be winter time but I have windows open, lol.  But at least it helps to regulate the temperature.


   With the Christmas season coming up I try my best to make sure my kids know the reason for the season.  The older two guys are in the Christmas program at church which is taking up some time in our schedule, not that they mind, lol.  So they have practice during services on Sunday morning, evening, and Wednesday evening.  The program is on the 21st of December and Julian and Gabe keep singing Christmas carols around the house, lol.

    And finally a baby update.  Don't mind the mess in my room, I do not have a big mirror, just this one sitting on the floor in my room, and that clear plastic container has the decorations for our Christmas tree, which we havn't gotten yet (thank you hunting season, lol).  It's a big container and heavy so I just threw it in my room instead of dragging it downstairs.  Anyway, back to baby.  I am currently almost 20 weeks.  My anatomy scan is scheduled for the 18th of December and at that time we are hoping to be able to find out the sex of the baby.  This is our last pregnancy and it was a surprise in general, but after three times of not finding out and three times having a boy, I'm finding out this time, lol.  So come what may we will find out what our new family member will be  soon, yay.

  Don't forget to look me up on Facebook, and I also now have Instagram so look me up at m_mitchell07.  It's my new addiction and I have been putting up bunches of pictures on there.  I will probably be updating more on there and Facebook and only leave the blog for weekly or so posts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment