Thursday, January 8, 2015

Starting off our Christmas fund.

   So sometime last year I was looking into ways to make money from home.  Being a full time mom leaves little spare time to do other sorts of things.  I have tried doing some other things in the past that didn't work out for me, everything from survey taking, (which works for a lot of people, just not for me) to more costly adventures like when we spent $2500 of our tax return money on a course to become a medical transcriptionist that I wasn't able to complete within the time frame I was given, I really thought I could do that one.

   But then I found something on a blog I follow.  Actually several blogs i follow seemed to have a high opinion of Swagbucks.  It didn't cost me anything to join so I figured it couldn't hurt anything to try it out.  So try is what I did, and it worked for me!  Swagbucks gives you swag points for doing simple things like watching a short video, which you can do with the sound off and as time allows you, playing games, taking polls, or even surveys.  I recently downloaded the app for my phone and I can get points for downloading apps and all I have to do is open the app to get credit for using the app, then I delete the app.

   All the points you gain add up and you can even get bonus points for reaching a daily goal that Swagbucks sets.  Once you earn enough points you can turn them in for rewards which are very numerous and cover a wide range of things but my favorite is the gift cards.  Last year all the points I earned went towards gift cards to Amazon, (it's the best deal where you can get a $5 gift card for 450 points, most other $5 gift cards require 500 points.)  With these gift cards I was able to pay for almost half of my Christmas presents for free :).

  So this year I am starting off a little earlier in the year, I believe I started last year in April or so, I'm being a little more aggressive in getting my swagbucks, and I'm going after the $25 Paypal cash (which is 2500 points but I'm still hoping to get at least one of these each month.)  With what I leaned from last year is that I can sometimes get presents from other sites with better deals than Amazon and can just transfer the money over to my bank account to use or just pay the merchant through Paypal.

   So that is how I hope to achieve one of my goals for this year.  Last year Christmas kinda snuck up on me quickly, plus we have yearly taxes due at the end of the year so money is tight then.  That is why this year I am being more proactive about Swagbucks this year and I hope to be ahead of the ball.  Plus there is also the addition of another child to buy Christmas present for next year.  If you would like to check out Swagbucks for yourself here is a link to check it our for yourself.  And yes they have a referral program in which you can earn points for everyone who signs up using your referral link, but I just want to spread the word how easy it has been for me to earn free money that will help us tremendously at the end of the year.  So head on over there and good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment