Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Indoor Smores

   So, I've been thinking about smores since I bought what I needed to make them last Friday.  Since my cousin was coming into town for Gabe's birthday party we usually have a bonfire when she is here.  But it was a little too windy to have a bonfire and my pregnant self was very tired after standing all day baking and decorating cakes and cupcakes.

   So finally the other night I could stand it no more.  You know what it's like when you have all the ingredients to make a sweet treat, you just can't help yourself sometimes.  Also, luckily, we have a gas stove.  I know, probably not the smartest way to do it, but when you want a smore you make smores, lol.

  
   
   Don't mind my dirty stove, I need to get around to cleaning my stove top.  And yes that is a beater from my hand mixer.  I know we have camp fire hot dog roasters somewhere, but for the life of me I couldn't find one, and it was raining so I didn't want to go hunting for a stick.



   For future refrence make sure you have the flame on low, the marshmallows seemed to catch on fire rather quickly even without having it close to the flame but you want to make sure you cook it long enough that it gets gooey in the middle so that your chocolate will melt.  I made them the next night for the kids, well Julian and Gabe anyway, Sebastian just got a few marshmallows. 

  
Don't forget to follow me on facebook :)  Shared on The Homestead Barn Hop.

No comments:

Post a Comment